This may or may not be a regular thing, we’ll see how it goes.
A round-up of news and stuff from the past week:
- Creationists Boycott Dr. Pepper over “Evolution of Flavor” Facebook Ad
- Ordain Thyself App: Become A Religious Leader With The Swipe Of A Finger
- Was Jesus a Jerk?
- Britian’s Chief Rabbi calls Richard Dawkins a “Christian Atheist”
- List of atheist podcasts
- Watch the documentary ‘Rosh Hashanah — Science vs Religion‘ from a Jewish perspective hosted by Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks. Available on the iPlaye until Wed 19th Sept.
- Jonathan Sacks and Richard Dawkins at BBC RE:Think festival 12 September 2012
- Philosophy v science: which can answer the big questions of life?
- A wrong way and a right way to discuss vaccine safety and effectiveness
- Your brain on pseudoscience: the rise of popular neurobollocks
- The Neurobiology of Placebo
- How to react when someon’s beliefs sound crazy to you
- Bacon sandwich really does cure a hangover
- Can MDMA help cure depression?
- Use the Force: How Magicians Can Control Your Decisions
- Health warning on salt levels in bacon
- Human stem cells partially restore hearing to deaf gerbils
- A new species of monkey has been identified in Africa, the second one in 28 years, say scientists.
- Climate Change denial and conspiracies
- Taxis in bus lanes is a backward step for cycling
- Northern Ireland is full of arseholes, claims report
- Top 3 issues in Northern Ireland right now… Blog post by Matt
- Northern Ireland’s Abortion Debate by Stephen Donnan
- Climate NI are on Twitter.
- What are the real issues in Northern Ireland politics — A secular agenda. Another great post from Matt
- Women of Belfast — A great article from Keith Anderson on moving on from our turmoiled past in Northern Ireland.
The best way to protest a movie portraying your faith as crazy, evil and violent is to go out and be crazy, evil and violent. #veryhelpful
— God (@TheTweetOfGod) September 14, 2012
Thanks goodness (literally) most decent Christians and Catholics don’t have that creepy passive-aggressive “we’re the victims” attitude
— Stephen Fry (@stephenfry) September 13, 2012
You have no “god-given” rights. What you do have are constitutional rights. A document made by humans.
— Freethought (@3xistential) September 13, 2012
I don’t think science is cross with religion, I just think it gets a little frustrated if it stymies progress with silliness
— Robin Ince (@robinince) September 12, 2012
“The answer to Bad Science is not No Science but Good Science; The answer to Bad Religion is not No Religion but Good Religion” Lord Sacks
— peteherb (@peteherb) September 12, 2012
“The American right has succeeded in making ‘family’ a dirty word, synonymous with bigotry and intolerance.” -Anonymous.
— Daily Atheism (@AtheistQ) September 11, 2012
Surely the fact that something like the National Board for Safeguarding Children in the Catholic Church is considered needed is damning?!
— Hornby (@Pattern_Seeker) September 10, 2012